Connect with us

Latest News

JAMB Fixes Date For Mop-up UTME for 18,000 Candidates

Published

on

19-year-old Boy Who Accused JAMB Of Altering His Result Handed Over To Police

A mop-up UTME for 18,000 candidates will hold on August 6 in some selected locations in the country.

This was disclosed by the spokesman of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) , Dr Fabian Benjamin, in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.

Mr Benjamin said that no candidate, whose result had been duly released, would be rescheduled for another examination, contrary to the news being circulated on the social media.

“Following a detailed investigation and careful analysis of the highly-successful 2021 UTME, and with due consultation (resulting in gracious concession) with NECO, concerning the timetable of the council’s ongoing SSCE, JAMB has scheduled a mop-up UTME for August 6, 2021, in some selected locations across the nation.

“No fewer than 18,000 candidates slated for the examination are being notified through both text messages on their designated phone numbers and their JAMB profiles.

“In addition, the candidates can check using their registration number on http://www.jamb.gov.ng/2021mopup,” he said.

He listed the rescheduled categories as: Candidates who could not be initially scheduled for examination owing to their inability to timely procure and supply their mandatory NINs or profile codes until after the close of the registration.

The official noted that those candidates, therefore, had to purchase bank drafts (as against the usual vending of PINs) after the scheduled period for the examination, and were later registered.

READ ALSO: Senate To Bar JAMB From Admitting To Universities Candidates Below 18 Years

Also on the list are a few candidates who encountered peculiar biometric verification problems, or who failed biometric verification on the examination date (and were recaptured) but were not allowed to partake in the examination.

He noted that adequate screening arrangements had been made to reverify such claims and any candidate found to be involved in any form of impersonation would be identified for prosecution.

Mr Benjamin also listed candidates who were unable to sit for the UTME, owing to the clash of timetables of the examination and the ongoing NABTEB examinations, and whose particulars had been verified and supplied directly to JAMB by NABTEB.

He said that candidates who had been ascertained by JAMB to have experienced genuine rescheduling/technical problems, as was the case in 30 of the 760 centres used for the examination, were included on the list.

According to him, the rescheduled candidates are to print fresh examination notification slips containing the venue and time of the examination.

“The slips are to be printed from the JAMB website https://www.jamb.gov.ng using the candidates’ registration number from August 1.

“The Board strongly advises candidates to avoid supplying their vital information including registration number to fraudsters, who are abundant especially in cybercafe(s), tutorial centres springing up almost everywhere in the nation, as a result of the illicit activities of examination syndicates.

“CBT centres approved by JAMB, which are consistently monitored, are relatively more secure for printing examination notification slips by candidates who cannot print such on their own,” Mr Benjamin stated.

(NAN)

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Latest News

Police Teargas EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

Police Teargas EndSARS protesters At Lekki Tollgate

Some EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Tollgate, Lagos State, were teargassed by the police on Wednesday.

The protesters, who gathered for the EndSARS memorial protest at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos State, were dispersed by men of the police force.

The demonstrators had gathered to call for justice for protesters who were allegedly shot dead on October 20, 2020

The EndSARS protests which were held in October 2020 were against the activities of the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a unit of the Nigeria Police Force accused of brutality.

READ ALSO: Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

However, on Wednesday the peaceful protest was disrupted by police officers who fired teargas at the youths.
The protesters scampered for safety as they chanted “EndSARS”.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Protesters loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday converged on the Unity Fountain in Abuja, saying “nobody died at Lekki tollgate” in Lagos.

The protesters who were conveyed to the venue on a bus, held up placards stating,”#EndSarsProtest; Lekki shooting was a hoax”, and ”Nobody died at Lekki tollgate”.

On October 20, 2020, soldiers reportedly opened fire on protesters campaigning against police brutality at Lekki tollgate.

READ ALSO: No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

While some reports, including civil society groups say some protesters were killed in the attack, the federal government has disputed this account.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, on Wednesday described the Lekki incident as a ”phantom massacre”.

Nigerians poured into the streets in Lagos, Abuja and other places on Wednesday to mark the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

Published

on

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 20220 - Mohammed

A year after the EndSARS protest, Information Minister Lai Mohammed has insisted that there was no massacre of Nigerians at Lekki where the event held last year.

READ ALSO: Police Arrest Two At Lekki Tollgate As EndSARS Procession Holds

During a news conference in Abuja, Mohammed said that most of the claims of killings were false and misleading as most of those who made the claims of losing people were yet to show up and give evidence a year after such allegations.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: