Connect with us

Latest News

Buhari Presents N16.39tr Budget For 2022 To National Assembly

Published

on

Buhari Presents N16.39tr Budget For 2022 To National Assembly

President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday presented the 2022 budget estimate to a joint session of the National Assembly.

Buhari proposed a total expenditure of N16.39 trillion for the coming year.

This also includes spending by government-owned enterprises and grants and aid-funded expenditure.

The proposed total expenditure for the coming year is put at N16.39 trillion with a crude oil benchmark price of $57 per barrel and a daily oil production estimate of 1.88 million barrels per day.

READ ALSO:  Why Buhari’s Govt Supports Herders’ Suit Against South-South Governors – Malami

The exchange rate is projected at N410 per dollar.

The president earlier sought to increase the total expenditure from N13 trillion to 16.45 trillion.

But the National Assembly, on Wednesday, approved N16.39 trillion – in the revised Medium Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF).

The president says the total projected revenue is put at N17.7 trillion.

Some reasons he gave for the increase are the allocation of N100 billion to the electoral umpire, INEC, for preparations for the 2023 general election, N50 billion to health workers for hazard allowance and other allocations to security agencies.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Latest News

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Protesters loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday converged on the Unity Fountain in Abuja, saying “nobody died at Lekki tollgate” in Lagos.

The protesters who were conveyed to the venue on a bus, held up placards stating,”#EndSarsProtest; Lekki shooting was a hoax”, and ”Nobody died at Lekki tollgate”.

On October 20, 2020, soldiers reportedly opened fire on protesters campaigning against police brutality at Lekki tollgate.

READ ALSO: No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

While some reports, including civil society groups say some protesters were killed in the attack, the federal government has disputed this account.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, on Wednesday described the Lekki incident as a ”phantom massacre”.

Nigerians poured into the streets in Lagos, Abuja and other places on Wednesday to mark the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

Published

on

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 20220 - Mohammed

A year after the EndSARS protest, Information Minister Lai Mohammed has insisted that there was no massacre of Nigerians at Lekki where the event held last year.

READ ALSO: Police Arrest Two At Lekki Tollgate As EndSARS Procession Holds

During a news conference in Abuja, Mohammed said that most of the claims of killings were false and misleading as most of those who made the claims of losing people were yet to show up and give evidence a year after such allegations.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

Police Arrest Two At Lekki Tollgate As EndSARS Procession Holds

Published

on

Police Arrest Two At Lekki Tollgate As EndSARS Procession Holds

Despite a ban on protests in Lagos by the state police command and the deployment of heavily armed police personnel, a car procession by anti-SARS activists is currently going on at the Lekki tollgate in Lagos in memory of victims of the #EndSARS protests of last year.

The activists who turned up at the tollgate with their cars were seen waving Nigerian flags from inside the vehicles and honking the horns while singing solidarity songs.

They stated that they would continue going to and fro the tollgate as their own way of protesting.

READ ALSO: ENDSARS: We Will Never Be Silenced – Falz

Earlier today, the police arrested two men at the Lekki tollgate where the #EndSARS Memorial Protest is scheduled to hold.

One of those arrested claimed to be a journalist while the other was seen carrying a placard.

The police had reportedly warned that anyone seen at the tollgate without an identification card would be arrested.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: