Connect with us

Politics

APC Insists On Conducting Ward Congresses On Saturday

Published

on

Three Senators Resign From APC

The ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has declared that its date of July 31, 2021 for ward congresses to elect party executives remains valid.

In a statement by the National Secretary, Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC), Sen. John James Akpanudoedehe, on Thursday in Abuja, the party said preparation had been concluded for the exercise on Saturday.

The statement said: “This clarification is against the backdrop of personal opinions being expressed by some individuals on the status of the APC Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee (CECPC ) and its capacity to conduct the congresses following Wednesday’s Supreme Court judgment.”

READ ALSO: U.S. Court Orders FBI To Arrest Abba Kyari Over Alleged Links To Fraudster Hushpuppi

The statement added that the Supreme Court judgment on Wednesday affirming the election victory of the Ondo State Governor, Rotimi Akeredolu SAN had no bearing on the CECPC’s status and its membership.

The party urged party members and aspirants to come out en masse and peacefully participate in the ward congresses on Saturday.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Politics

Anambra Ex-PDP Governorship Candidate Ozigbo Defects To LP

Published

on

Anambra Ex-PDP Governorship Candidate Ozigbo Defects To LP

Valentine Ozigbo, the 2021 Anambra State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has defected to the Labour Party (LP).

The 52-year-old former President of Transcorp has announced that he would work for the emergence of Peter Obi as Nigeria’s President.
The former Anambra governor is the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP).

Ozigbo explained that his decision to resign from the PDP was based on the need for Nigeria to have a competent and visionary individual in charge of affairs.

He observed Nigerians have been split into two categories: those working to sustain the status quo and those uncomfortable with the status quo and want to bring positive change.

“I belong to the group that is uncomfortable with the status quo, and we must do what we have to do to save this country and set us on the path of progress,” Ozigbo said in a statement.

READ ALSO: Ozigbo Is Valid PDP Candidate In Anambra Governorship Poll – Court

Urging people of good conscience to stand up to be counted, the businessman told citizens to decide whether they prefer to be “on the dark side or on the side of the light”.

He noted that in 2023, Nigerians could either work to entrench the forces that have destroyed Nigeria or warriors of the light who would work to bring justice, equity, and peace.

Ozigbo described Obi as a man with the right vision, assuring that his temperance, capacity and experience would take the country out of troubled waters.

The politician said the nationwide support the LP flagbearer is receiving “is based mainly on the revolutionary, inclusive, and inspiring leadership he demonstrated as a governor”.

“Having worked with him closely during my governorship campaign in 2021, I can attest that Obi is a thoughtful, kind, and generous leader who seeks excellence in all he does.

“Pulled by the brilliance of the candidacy of Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti, inspired by the passion of the Nigerian youth and driven by an undying love for Nigeria, I formally join the Obi-dient Movement.”

Ozigbo urged the people to work to transform the dreams of Nigeria into reality and “get it right” at the polls next February.

Lamenting the state of the nation under the All Progressives Congress (APC), he hailed the youths for showing patriotism, boldness and passion in choosing who will lead from May 29, 2023.

“They have rejected the lust for power of politicians that ought to be in retirement. They have consciously chosen who they want to lead them into the next four years.

“They considered fairness, justice, and equity. They have adopted a bold vision of a country where everyone is carried along irrespective of beliefs, faith, tribe, language, gender, and social status,” he said.

Ozigbo added that young Nigerians were committed to seeing that peace returned to the nation and that citizens experienced what the founding fathers and heroes desired.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Politics

Tinubu Is A Bundle Of Lies – Bode George

Published

on

Tinubu Is A Bundle Of Lies - Bode George

A Lagos-based politician Chief Bode George has described Bola Tinubu, as a “bundle of lies.”

George, a leader of the Peoples’ Democratic Party ( PDP) has said that everything Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate attributed to himself is a “bundle of lies”.

He said Tinubu did nothing to alleviate the pains of residents of Lagos State despite serving as a governor for two terms.

Bode told Channels Television last night: “I absolutely have no qualms, no quarrel with Tinubu, but all I know is that everything he has said he was or his name is this or his school is that it’s a bundle of lies.

READ  ALSO: At 86, Tinubu My In-law Too Old To Be President – Tee Mac

“I’m a bonafide Lagosian, we knew what Lagos was like, and Lagos remains the commercial nerve centre, not only in Nigeria but in the whole of West Africa. What has this fellow done to us?”

The PDP chieftain charged Tinubu to open up on the ownership of Alpa Beta company.

He said the APC presidential candidate should tell Nigerians how much the company has allegedly stolen from the Lagos State Government.

“I have asked a very simple question and none of them has been able to answer it: who owns the Alpha Beta company? How much has the Alpha Beta company stolen from the coffers of our treasury in Lagos state?

“What has he done to alleviate the pains of the people of the state?”

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Politics

Muslim-Muslim Ticket Unacceptable – Kukah

Published

on

Muslim-Muslim Ticket Unacceptable - Kukah

The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto, Matthew Hassan Kukah has described the All Progressives Congress (APC) Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket as unacceptable.

Bishop Kukah told Channels Television on Thursday that the ticket was a setback to the country’s national integration.

Against the clamour of Nigerians, the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu had picked Kashim Shettima as his running mate.

While Tinubu is a Muslim from the Southwest, Shettima is a Muslim from the North.

READ ALSO: Why I Won’t Lose Sleep Over Tinubu’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket – Kukah

However, Kukah wondered if Muslims would accept a Christian-Christian presidential ticket.

He said Nigerians would wait to hear what they have to say when the campaign starts.

He said: “But moving forward, the question I have asked my friends who are Muslims, especially those who are from northern Nigeria, is a simple question: ‘Would Muslims in Nigeria or northern Nigeria be ready to make the same concession that Christians made in 1984 and 1993?

“I think that as a Christian, this is totally reprehensible. It is not acceptable to me, but that is the decision of the APC as a party. Perhaps, when the campaign starts, we will hear what people have to say.”

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: