Connect with us

Latest News

Itsekiri Unveil Prince As Olu-Designate

Published

on

New Olu- designate ,Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko

The Itsekiri have unveiled an Olu-designate after formally announcing the passage of their monarch His Royal Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli at Ode Itsekiri, their ancestral home in Warri South local government area, Delta State.

The Iyatsere of Warri kingdom and Acting Chairman Warri council of Chiefs and Olu Advisory council, Chief Johnson Amatserunreleghe announced the development at exactly 11:32 a.m. before a gathering of Itsekiri prominent chiefs, princes and sons and daughters.

He also said a period of mourning had been declared for the Itsekiri nation that would run for three months.

“No burials, marriages, dancing will hold across all Itsekiri communities for three months, ” he said.

“There shall be no merrymaking of any kind anywhere in Iwere land. All Itsekiri sons and daughters must tie their wrappers upside down for the duration”, he added.

READ ALSO: Why Nobody Wants To Talk About Reproductive Organs – Adesua

This was followed by 20 cannon shots fired to announce the departure of the monarch. He said the 20 cannon shots signified that 20 Olus had reigned over the Iwere nation .

At exactly 11:52 a.m. he announced the new Olu- designate Prince Utieyinoritsetsola Emiko and presented the Omoba to the Itsekiri nation. Shouts of joy rented the air. His brief biography was later read by Prince Toju Emiko. The new Olu-designate was born April 2, 1984, to Prince Godwin Toritseju Emiko (the late Ogiame Atuwatse II) and Gladys Durorike Emiko in Warri, Delta State.

He holds a bachelor of arts degree, majoring in international studies and political science while minoring in history and economics.

He also holds a master’s degree in management.

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Latest News

Aisha Buhari Withdraws Defamation Case Against University Student Aminu Mohammed

Published

on

Aisha Buhari Withdraws Defamation Case Against University Student Aminu Mohammed

First Lady Aisha Buhari on Friday withdrew a defamation case against a student of the Federal University, Dutse, Aminu Mohammed.

The prosecution counsel, Fidelis Ogbobe, told the court in Abuja on Friday that the president’s wife withdrew the case due to the intervention of well-meaning Nigerians.

The first lady has been under pressure since news of Mohammed’s arrest broke last week.

Celebrities, social media influencers, students, politicians, media analysts have been commenting on the plight of Mohammed, who landed in trouble over a comment that the wife of Nigeria’s number one citizen found offensive.

Back in June, Mohammed had tweeted that the First Lady was feeding ‘fat’ on poor people’s money.

READ ALSO: Questions For Aisha Buhari

The tweet, which was posted in Hausa, read: “Su mama anchi kudin talkawa ankoshi.” It loosely translates as “Mama has fed fat on poor people’s money.”

A picture of Aisha Buhari was posted with the tweet to match the post.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

Labour Party Rejects Suspension Of Okupe As Campaign DG

Published

on

Labour Party Rejects Suspension Of Okupe As Campaign DG

The Labour Party has rejected the purported suspension of its presidential campaign council (PCC) director-general, Doyin Okupe.

Umar-Farouk Ibrahim, the national secretary of the party said this when he addressed reporters in Abuja on Friday.

Ibrahim said that the national leadership of the party was surprised at the suspension by the Ogun chapter which was without due process.

“The Ogun State Chapter has acted outside its constitutional jurisdiction; the party has an internal conflict resolution mechanism of handling cases against members as enshrined in the party’s constitution.

“There are also disciplinary measures to be taken, for example, before you discipline any member, there are certain procedures that you have to follow, you have to issue a query among other procedures, and that has not been followed.

“No complaint was written by the state chapter, his ward and his local government, so we are saying the national headquarters is not aware of what they are doing, they are doing it on their own.

“The National Working Committee(NWC) is going to set up a committee and appropriate disciplinary action would be taken against the perpetrators in the state exco and we are going to fish them out and take appropriate action,” he said.

READ  ALSO: Okupe Sacked From Labour Party

Ibrahim said the suspension was void as Okupe remained a card- carrying member LP and the DG PCC.

He said that the party was not unaware of attempts by opposition parties to infiltrate its structures at all levels.

Ibrahim said that the party’s leadership would do everything within its powers to ensure that its cohesion was not tampered with and would not be distracted by the antics of the opposition candidates until all its candidates were victorious in the 2023 general election.

He expressed worry over recent attacks on party members, candidates and officials in some states, particularly Edo, Ebonyi states and Kaduna where the state women leader was gruesomely murdered.
(NAN)

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

BREAKING: Wike Dares Buhari To Name Governors Diverting Council Funds

Published

on

BREAKING: Wike Dares Buhari To Name Governors Diverting Council Funds

President Muhammadu Buhari was on Friday challenged to name the state governors who diverted local government allocations.

The challenge came from Rivers State Governor Nyesome.

The president had at an event on Thursday alleged that some state governors divert allocations to local governments councils sent from the federation account.

He also accused the governors of making the council bosses sign undertakings for money not received and agreeing to have received the full allocation.

But on Friday, at the commissioning of a project in Port Harcourt, Gov. Wike claimed that he has never touched monies meant for the local government since he came on board in 2015.

READ ALSO: How Buhari Govt Is Shielding Amaechi From Prosecution For Corruption – Wike

The governor also claimed that none of the G5 governors in the Peoples Democratic Party has ever touched local government allocations.

He then challenged the President to name the governors who tamper with local government allocations.

Wike said ” I challenge Mr. President, you must come out and tell Nigerians those committing this offence.

“You said the Governors are taking local government funds. I want to say, in the name of Almighty God, I’ve never touched local government funds one day. I have never and I have no reason to do that.

“So Mr President, tell us who are those people? You know them, tell us.

“I’m not one of those governors. Mr President tells Nigerians that the Integrity Governors are not part of them.

“Do us a favour to announce all those states that are taking local government funds”.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: