Connect with us

Latest News

#EndSARS Protesters To Storm Lekki Tollgate Over Re-opening

Published

on

#EndSARS Protesters To Storm Lekki Tollgate Over Re-opening

Another wave of protest similar to the EndSARS protest may soon break out.
This is being triggered by the approval to reopen Lekki Tollgate by the Judicial Panel of Inquiry set up by the Lagos State government to investigate the October 2020 Lekki shooting incident.
Many Nigerians have taken to Twitter, insisting that those who carried out the alleged shooting of innocent citizens must face the law before Lekk tollgate could be reopened.

The #OccupyLekkiTollGate which is another wave of EndSARS protest against injustice and government’s silence over the Lekki shootings is scheduled to kick off on 13th February 2021, according to Twitter sources.
The nine-man panel returned the control of the tollgate to the Lekki Concession Company, the operators, on Saturday. The company, through its counsel, had been praying the panel to allow it to take over the plaza for repair and insurance claims since December 2020.

Over the last four months, an outpouring of support for Nigerian protesters has played out on Twitter, with various hashtags, but predominantly #EndSARS.

READ ALSO; Why We Banned Crypto Transactions – CBN

Speaking against the reopening of Lekki tollgate where a countless number of youths were said to have been shot by security operatives, human right activist,

Omoyele Sowore@YeleSowore

#RevolutionNow No to #Lekkitollgate if @jidesanwoolu

@followlasgare desperate for toll revenue, let them toll

’s Bourdilon home in Ikoyi, there is plenty of traffic there , they can make a lot of revs from political jobbers trooping in & out #EndSARS

#BuhariMustGo

Other twitter users have also called for justice for those who were killed during the #EndSARS protest

obikoya Adebowale @obikoyaemmanuel1 wrote: We will not allow this government to brainwash us, we need justice for those heroes that sacrificed their lives at the Lekki massacre. Enough of this oppression and tyranny #OccupyLekkiTollGate
Mr. Reason @Reason Eugene: Justice restores Dignity. The fallen would rest in peace when justice prevails.

denola Oluwatosin @adenolaoluwatos

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Latest News

BREAKING: Peter Obi’s Supporters Lock Down Lagos

Published

on

PHOTOS: Massive Turnout As Youths Embark On One Million Match For Peter Obi

From Lekki to Surulere and Festac, thousands of residents of Lagos on Saturday demonstrated their support for Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP).

Many of the supporters on Saturday morning were seen holding the posters of the LP candidate and his vice, Yusuf Baba-Ahmed, who had branded vests as they marched around and moved to the bridge leading.

The rally caused both human and vehicular traffic around the Stadium axis, from Alaka and Teslim Balogun Stadium and down to Ojuelegba.

READ ALSO: Exposed: The Real Peter Obi

A Third Force Movement appealed to the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development to approve the car park of the National Stadium Lagos, for the October 1 rally of supporters of Labour Party, LP, Presidential Candidate, Mr. Peter Obi.

Noting that the use of the stadium would avert unintended lockdown, The Third Force Movement, in a statement by Mr. Olawale Okunniyi, said without the approval the organisers cannot stop Nigerians from using other venues like Gani Fawehinmi Park or Lekki Toll Gate.

At Lekki Toll Gate, the Lagos State Police Command was able to enforce strict compliance with the no rally order.

A federal high court in Lagos had on Wednesday ordered the LP and its supporters not to converge on the Lekki tollgate

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

BREAKING: APC Disagrees With Lawan , To Appeal Against Judgment Declaring Machina Senatorial Candidate

Published

on

BREAKING: APC Disagrees With Lawan , To Appeal Against Judgment Declaring Machina Senatorial Candidate

Less than 24 hours after Senate President Ahmed Lawan declared that he would not appeal against the ruling of a Federal High Court in Damaturu, the state capital, on Wednesday on the Yobe North senatorial seat matter, his All Progressives Congress (APC) has decided otherwise..

The APC in the state is determined to go on appeal over the matter.

The lower court had in its verdict, not only affirmed Bashir Machina as the party’s candidate for next year’s election, but ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to recognise him as such, a position the nation’s number three man said he would not appeal against.

However, in another turn of events, Mohammed Gadaka, Chairman of the APC in the state, arguing that the party had taken it as a duty to protect the Senate President, indicated party’s intention to proceed to the appellate court.

READ  ALSO: I Won’t Appeal Against Judgment Declaring Machina Senatorial Candidate – Lawan

“We are aware of the Wednesday, September 28, 2022, ruling of the Federal High Court in Damaturu, the Yobe State capital, with respect to the forthcoming Yobe north Senatorial District election. However, we respectfully reject the decision of the President of the Senate, His Excellency Senator Ahmad Lawan, accepting the judgment of the court which disqualified his candidature and participation in the election.

“In exercise of our legal rights, the Yobe State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has decided to appeal the Federal High Court ruling in the interest of Yobe State, Nigeria and good governance. We have a duty to protect and sustain Senator Ahmed Lawan’s twenty-three years exemplary sojourn as a lawmaker and his impeccable record of leadership and patriotism – and commitment to making Nigeria work.”

 

Read more authentic news on our social media  platforms 

Continue Reading

Latest News

Advocacy For Alleged Witches Petitions NHRC Over Witchcraft Markets Event

Published

on

Advocacy For Alleged Witches Petitions NHRC Over Witchcraft Markets Event

The Advocacy for Alleged Witches has written a petition to the Cross River State chapter of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) over a planned event to rescue families from witchcraft.

The petition titled “Petition: Ukpabio ‘s Rescuing Families from Witchcraft Markets Event” was signed by Dr.Leo Igwe.

The petition reads:
“I am writing on behalf of the Advocacy for Alleged Witches, an organization that campaigns to end witch persecution in Nigeria to lodge a complain about a proposed event, Rescuing Families from Witchcraft Markets, of Evangelist Helen Ukpabio and her Liberty Gospel Church. The event will be held on October 5 to 9 2022 in Calabar. As explained in this article, the event has some criminal intent and could fuel human rights abuses in Cross River state. Witchcraft accusation is a crime under the law. So it is important to restrain any individual or group, or stop any activity with the intent to accuse, or impute witchcraft as this proposed program by Ms Ukpabio and her church has indicated.

“As you may be aware, cases of witch persecution, attack and killings in Cross River have been linked to the activities of Ms Ukpabio and her church, and other witch hunters who openly advertise, stage and hold programs where they make witchcraft imputations (in this case in families), identify witches and exorcise witchcraft. Programs like this event on Rescuing Families from Witchcraft Markets valorize witchcraft beliefs, and incite people to suspect, maltreat, attack or kill family members in the name of witchcraft.

READ ALSO: Ukpabio’s Rescuing Families From Witchcraft Markets

“At a time when Cross River state is witnessing killings and attacks linked to witchcraft beliefs, it is necessary to take measures to prevent witchcraft accusations, witch identifications and persecutions. The Advocacy for Alleged Witches urges you to use your good office to restrain Ukpabio and her church from going ahead with this witch hunting event. ”

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: