Connect with us

Latest News

Gunmen Kill Nine Kaduna Residents

Published

on

BREAKING: Gunmen Invade Imo Meeting, Kill Three Monarchs

Nine residents of Kaduna State were killed on Sunday as unidentified gunmen attacked Ungwan Dooh (Mado) village of Zangon Kataf Local Government of the state. One other person was injured.

A resident in the area, who identified himself as Jonathan Ali said on Sunday that the attackers came with guns and started shooting sporadically, while residents fled to different directions.

Confirming the reports in a statement on Sunday, Kaduna State Commisioner for Internal Security and Home affairs, Mr. Samuel Aruwan said, security operatives reported to the Kaduna State Government that troops of Operation Safe Haven, responded to distress calls and mobilized to the area.

According to Aruwan, the assailants fled on sighting the troops. Nine corpses have been recovered so far following a search of the village.

The statement mentioned the names of the deceased as: Moses Dangana,Mary Dangana, Jummai Dangana, Jerry James, Happy James, Endurance Stephen, Comfort Emmanuel, Jummai Tanko, Mary Clement.

READ ALSO: 15 More Baptist Students Regain Freedom From Kidnappers

He said one resident, Magdalene Dangoma, sustained gunshot injuries and was receiving treatment in hospital just as two houses were razed in the attack.

“The troops of Operation Safe Haven also rescued 12 persons who were fleeing from the attackers. Those rescued are; Patrick Chindon, Joseph Agbon, Polymer Joseph, Amos Francis, Keziah Amos, Linda Jonathan, Asabe Jonathan, Jonathan James, Lamin Yohanna, Titi Emmanuel, Patricia Michael, Jetral Bala,” the statement said.

According to Aruwan, troops are still carrying out search and rescue operations, and will make public the exact number of casualties.

Acting Governor, Hadiza Balarabe, received the reports with sadness, and condemned the recent spate of devastating attacks in the area. She prayed for the repose of the souls of the deceased, and sent condolences to their families.

The acting hovernor wished the injured resident a quick recovery, and urged security agencies to sustain diligent investigations into the attack, adding that, troops are working in the area and the public will be updated on further developments.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Latest News

Police Teargas EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

Police Teargas EndSARS protesters At Lekki Tollgate

Some EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Tollgate, Lagos State, were teargassed by the police on Wednesday.

The protesters, who gathered for the EndSARS memorial protest at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos State, were dispersed by men of the police force.

The demonstrators had gathered to call for justice for protesters who were allegedly shot dead on October 20, 2020

The EndSARS protests which were held in October 2020 were against the activities of the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a unit of the Nigeria Police Force accused of brutality.

READ ALSO: Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

However, on Wednesday the peaceful protest was disrupted by police officers who fired teargas at the youths.
The protesters scampered for safety as they chanted “EndSARS”.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Protesters loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday converged on the Unity Fountain in Abuja, saying “nobody died at Lekki tollgate” in Lagos.

The protesters who were conveyed to the venue on a bus, held up placards stating,”#EndSarsProtest; Lekki shooting was a hoax”, and ”Nobody died at Lekki tollgate”.

On October 20, 2020, soldiers reportedly opened fire on protesters campaigning against police brutality at Lekki tollgate.

READ ALSO: No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

While some reports, including civil society groups say some protesters were killed in the attack, the federal government has disputed this account.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, on Wednesday described the Lekki incident as a ”phantom massacre”.

Nigerians poured into the streets in Lagos, Abuja and other places on Wednesday to mark the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

Published

on

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 20220 - Mohammed

A year after the EndSARS protest, Information Minister Lai Mohammed has insisted that there was no massacre of Nigerians at Lekki where the event held last year.

READ ALSO: Police Arrest Two At Lekki Tollgate As EndSARS Procession Holds

During a news conference in Abuja, Mohammed said that most of the claims of killings were false and misleading as most of those who made the claims of losing people were yet to show up and give evidence a year after such allegations.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: