Connect with us

Latest News

Akpabio Gets Forensic Auditors’ Report On NDDC

Published

on

Akpabio Gets Forensic Auditors' Report On NDDC

The much-awaited report of the forensic audit into the administration of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), since its inaugurtion has been received by Niger Delta Affairs Minister Godswill Akapabio.

Akpabio disclosed this while receiving members of the NDDC Forensic Audit Security Committee, in his office on Tuesday. The team was led by Admiral Bamidele Oluwagbamila.

Shortly after receiving the report, the minister thanked members of the committee for their commitment to the success of the exercise, saying” I am delighted to receive your report on this exercise which started in 2020 and ended in July 2021. Though I have not looked at the nitty gritty of the report, but from my observation in your speech, I want to thank you for taking this national assignment seriously.”

READ ALSO: Secondus Remains As PDP Chairman Till October

This assignment, he stated, “was not from us, even though the Ministry supervised it. This assignment was from the President and Commander-in-Chief, Muhammadu Buhari. I want to, on his behalf, thank the security committee.”

The former Senate Minority leader noted that,” from what you have said, it is very clear that you were not only committed to your work, but you also carried out your assignment with professionalism. As you said earlier, there was no incidence concerning the field nor lead auditors at their residences, as well as the communities, either group or individuals. You were able to endear yourselves to the host communities and they, in return, gave you all the support in your assignment.”

According to the former governor of Akwa Ibom State,” to the Glory of God, the Forensic Audit Report is ready for submission to Mr President. It was also important that we also hear from the Security Team, thank them for their comportment, candor and discipline throughout the exercise.”

Akpabio noted that” the Forensic Audit couldn’t have been successful without the involvement of the security agencies. We equally thank you for deeming it necessary to also give your independent report on what you saw, how you saw it and what the situation is in the Niger Delta Region, apart from providing security.”

“If there are areas I need to take extracts for the Commander- in-Chief, to take further actions, I will do so. I know that history will remember you for good and what you have done. This exercise definitely is a turning point for the NDDC and the development of the Niger Delta Region,” he stressed.

Earlier in his speech, the leader of the security committee, Admiral Bamidele Oluwagbamila, thanked the President through the minister for the opportunity given them to contribute their quota to bring about the needed change in the commission.

READ ALSO: NIN Becomes Compulsory For School Certificate Examination From 2022 – WAEC

He said: “we are very happy to report that after almost over a year after the commencement of this assignment, that job has been successfully completed. We worked with the auditors and provided them right environment for them to do their job successfully”.

The naval officer stated further, “we secured them in their hotels and the projects’ site. Throughout the period, we enjoyed the support of the ministry, which provided all the logistics needed for the job. Over 398 personnel from across the services were engaged for the exercise”.

“This exercise is a big plus for the Ministry of Niger Delta. I want to congratulate the minister for carrying it out as directed by our commander-in-chief. Throughout the duration of the exercise, nobody died and all the property under our care can conveniently be accounted for. Once again, it is an honour and priviledge to have worked with you in this task”, he declared.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Latest News

Okorocha Declares Bid For Presidency In 2023

Published

on

Okorocha Declares Ambiton For President In 2023

The former governor of Imo State, Senator Rochas Okorocha, has declared his intention to contest in the 2023 presidential election.

This was disclosed in a letter read at the plenary on Wednesday by the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan.

READ ALSO: Uzodinma Names Okorocha, Son-in-law As Sponsors Of Banditry, Kidnapping In Imo

Okorocha in the letter, stated that he will address a world press conference on Monday, January 31, 2022 to speak more on his ambition.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

PDP Primaries: Over 150 Thugs From Oyo Arrested In Ekiti

Published

on

PDP Primaries: More Than 150 Thugs From Oyo Arrested In Ekiti

More than 150 political thugs with different harmful objects including guns, cutlasses and charms planning to disrupt the PDP governorship primary election holding today have been arrested.

The political thugs who were said to have come from Oyo State were halted by the men of the 32 Artillery Brigade of the Nigerian Army, Akure, Ondo State at Ita Awure/Efon Junction in Efon Alaaye in Ekiti State.

They were said to have been arrested at about 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday.

The thugs were in many vehicles before they were intercepted.

READ ALSO: Adebayo Sues For Peace In Ekiti APC Primary

It was gathered that the thugs were believed to be members of Oyo state Park Management System (PMS).

Sources said that the thugs were caught with various weapons.

Items recovered from the suspects included guns, machetes and charms.

It was also gathered that the soldiers would take the suspects to Owens Barracks in Akure for further investigation.

The Public Relations Officer of the Brigade, Akin Omojokun, when contacted, confirmed the arrest and said the brigade would soon issue a statement on the development.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

NLC Suspends Plan To Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal

Published

on

NLC Suspends Plan To Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal

Following the new position of the Federal Government on fuel subsidy removal, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has suspended its nationwide protests slated for Thursday 27 and February 2.

The congress took the decision at its National Executive Council meeting held virtually on Tuesday.

The NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, who broke the news at a press conference hinged the decision to suspend the protests on the reversal of the Federal Government’s plan to stop the subsidy on petrol.

He said members of the NLC who had been mobilised would be demobilised following the decision to suspend the protests.

READ ALSO: No Removal Of Fuel Subsidy Soon – Govt

The congress said on Monday that it would continue with the preparations for the protests.

Wabba stated that the National Executive Council of the NLC had given directives for the mobilisation of workers and citizens for the national protests if the Federal Government refused to reverse the planned hike in the pump price of petrol.

But justifying its decision, the NLC president said the congress dropped the planned protests “following the reversal and reapproach by government.”

He said, “At the peak of very rigorous mobilization of Nigerians by the Nigeria Labour Congress and a host of her civil society allies, the government through the Minister of Finance yesterday, January 24, 2022, made a public announcement reversing the plans to increase petrol pump price.

“The position of the government was also officially communicated to the Congress with calls for further engagement. Following the reversal and reapproach by the government, the National Executive Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress met this morning virtually to consider the new position of the government.

“The NEC after vigorous debates took a decision to suspend the planned nationwide protest scheduled for January 27, 2022, and the national protest scheduled for February 2, 2022.”

The labour leader said the congress has communicated the decision to its civil society allies who have stood stoically behind Nigerian workers in their quest for social and economic justice.

The union argued that the attendant effect of the proposed removal of petrol subsidy would push the pump price of petrol to between N320 and N340 per litre.

READ ALSO: Buhari Approves Suspension Of Fuel Subsidy Removal

This, it noted, would have exacerbated the inflation in the country, deepened poverty, heightened social tensions and pushed the country and millions of poor citizens to the very precipice.

Going forward, the NLC said it would continue to engage with the government on the very critical issues of ensuring local refining of petroleum, creation of sustainable jobs and affordable price of petrol for Nigerian workers and people.

It commended the workers, people and the civil society allies for “their unwavering solidarity and support during this struggle.”

 

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: