Connect with us

Latest News

Kidnappers Of Niger Commissioner Demand N500m Ransom

Published

on

Why I Was Kidnapped - Freed Niger Commissioner

The family of the Commissioner of Information and Strategy in Niger State, Idris Sani Mohammed, has been asked by his Kidnappers to pay N500 million ransom before his release.

Mohammed was taken captive late Sunday night in his country home at Babban Tunga area of Tafa council during a downpour which lasted through the night till the morning hours of the next day, (Monday).

A source said the abductors had relocated outside the shores of Niger State with their whereabouts unknown.

The commissioner is the second high-profile politician to fall into the hands of abductors within twenty-four hours in the state.

On Saturday, the zonal chairman of the governing All Progressives Congress in zone C of the state, Aminu Bobi was taken captive by armed gunmen at a village in Mariga.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kidnap Niger State Commissioner

Reports said unknown gunmen suspected to be armed bandits, at the weekend, also abducted Aminu Bobi who was supervising work on his farmland.

The armed men are said to have arrived at Aminu’s farm in a village on the outskirts of Mariga a few minutes past 5:00 p.m. in a commando-style, invaded the farm on their motorcycles and accosted the APC chieftain who attempted to run but was threatened by gunshots in the air.

The incident happened at a time when many farmers were closing from their farms.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Latest News

Police Teargas EndSARS Protesters At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

Police Teargas EndSARS protesters At Lekki Tollgate

Some EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Tollgate, Lagos State, were teargassed by the police on Wednesday.

The protesters, who gathered for the EndSARS memorial protest at Lekki Tollgate, Lagos State, were dispersed by men of the police force.

The demonstrators had gathered to call for justice for protesters who were allegedly shot dead on October 20, 2020

The EndSARS protests which were held in October 2020 were against the activities of the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a unit of the Nigeria Police Force accused of brutality.

READ ALSO: Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

However, on Wednesday the peaceful protest was disrupted by police officers who fired teargas at the youths.
The protesters scampered for safety as they chanted “EndSARS”.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Published

on

Pro-Buhari Protesters Say Nobody Died At Lekki Tollgate

Protesters loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday converged on the Unity Fountain in Abuja, saying “nobody died at Lekki tollgate” in Lagos.

The protesters who were conveyed to the venue on a bus, held up placards stating,”#EndSarsProtest; Lekki shooting was a hoax”, and ”Nobody died at Lekki tollgate”.

On October 20, 2020, soldiers reportedly opened fire on protesters campaigning against police brutality at Lekki tollgate.

READ ALSO: No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

While some reports, including civil society groups say some protesters were killed in the attack, the federal government has disputed this account.

Lai Mohammed, minister of information, on Wednesday described the Lekki incident as a ”phantom massacre”.

Nigerians poured into the streets in Lagos, Abuja and other places on Wednesday to mark the first anniversary of the #EndSARS protest.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Latest News

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 2020 – Mohammed

Published

on

No Massacre Of Lekki Protesters In 20220 - Mohammed

A year after the EndSARS protest, Information Minister Lai Mohammed has insisted that there was no massacre of Nigerians at Lekki where the event held last year.

READ ALSO: Police Arrest Two At Lekki Tollgate As EndSARS Procession Holds

During a news conference in Abuja, Mohammed said that most of the claims of killings were false and misleading as most of those who made the claims of losing people were yet to show up and give evidence a year after such allegations.

 

Read more authentic news on our social media platforms

Continue Reading

Top Stories

%d bloggers like this: